Re: [linux-usb-devel] error to be returned while suspended

Am Freitag, 6. Oktober 2006 13:27 schrieben Sie:
> > with being required to down the interfaces to do so. Suspension should
> > be as transparent as possible.
>
> What you want is fairly hard to implement in kernel, and it is not
> clear if it is kernel job after all. "Transparent" is nice, but
> "simple kernel code" is nice, too.
>
> If you have very simple&easy&nice&transparent kernel code that can do
> what you want, fine; but maybe we want to trade "transparent" for
> "KISS".

It seems to me that a network driver needs to have the ability to drop
packets onto the floor while disconnect() is running. In the case of
a disconnection triggered by usbfs a lack of this ability is a race condition.
I've done an implementation of kaweth which allows suspending the interface
while it is alive.

	Regards
		Oliver