Re: SATA status reports update

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Prakash Punnoor wrote:
Well, how would one debug it w/o hw docs? Or is it possible to compare the patch with a working driver for another chipset?

Well, it is based off of the standard ADMA[1] specification, albeit with modifications. There is pdc_adma.c, which is also based off ADMA. And the author (from NVIDIA) claims that the driver worked at one time, so maybe it is simply bit rot that broke the driver.

If I knew the answer, it would be fixed, so the best answer unfortunately is "who knows".

I wish I had the time. But I also wish I had a team of programmers working on libata, too ;-)

Do you know exactly what is allegedly broken in that version? I see that there are some functions which are just "TODO"..

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]