Re: 2.6.19 -mm merge plans

    Linus>   And then at some point (probably later today) I decide to
    Linus> go into "merge mode" and go back to old mails I ignored and
    Linus> start applying them and pulling from other peoples git
    Linus> trees. And so if my "mode switching" has a longer latency
    Linus> than the "please pull" frequency, I end up seeing two
    Linus> requests for the same tree during the same "merge mode"
    Linus> thing, which just means that when I look at the older one,
    Linus> it no longer matches what is in the tree I'm pulling from.

My way of handling this has been to wait until you've acted on my
first merge request before sending another one.  I also don't touch my
published "for-linus" branch in git until you've pulled it.  I just
batch up pending changes in my "for-2.6.19" branch until my next merge
(and I also encourage people interested in Infiniband to run my
for-2.6.19 branch)

If I do see you merging other trees (in "merge mode") and skipping my
merge requests, I'll send a gentle reminder of my first merge request.

 - R.