Re: [ckrm-tech] [patch00/05]: Containers(V2)- Introduction

On 9/21/06, Chandra Seetharaman <[email protected]> wrote:

> But, there's no reason that the OpenVZ resource control mechanisms
> couldn't be hooked into a generic process container mechanism along
> with cpusets and RG.

Isn't that one of the things we are trying to avoid (each one having
their own solution, especially when we _can_ have a common solution).

Can we actually have a single common solution that works for everyone,
no matter what their needs? It's already apparent that there are
multiple different and subtly incompatible definitions of what "memory
controller" means and needs to do. Maybe these can be resolved - but
maybe it's better to have, say, two simple but very different memory
controllers that the user can pick between, rather than one big and
complicated one that tries to please everyone.

Paul