Re: question regarding cacheline size

Tejun Heo wrote:
arch/i386/pci/common.c overrides cacheline size to min 32 regardless of actual size. So, we seem to be using larger cacheline size for MWI already.

It clamps the minimum size to 32, yes, but on modern machines common.c configures it to a larger size.

Jeff pointed out that there actually are devices which limit CLS config. IMHO, making PCI configure CLS automatically and provide helpers to LLD to override it if necessary should cut it.

We still have to add a raft of quirks, if we start automatically configurating CLS... Also, many PCI devices hardcode it to zero.

If we start configuring CLS automatically, I forsee a period of breakage...

	Jeff