RE: Possible gpl problem?

	I just noticed that the FSF agrees with me. The GPL FAQ says:

--begin gpl faq excerpt--

"Valid for any third party" means that anyone who has the offer is entitled
to take you up on it.

If you commercially distribute binaries not accompanied with source code,
the GPL says you must provide a written offer to distribute the source code
later. When users non-commercially redistribute the binaries they received
from you, they must pass along a copy of this written offer. This means that
people who did not get the binaries directly from you can still receive
copies of the source code, along with the written offer.

The reason we require the offer to be valid for any third party is so that
people who receive the binaries indirectly in that way can order the source
code from you.

[...]

Section 2 says that modified versions you distribute must be licensed to all
third parties under the GPL. "All third parties" means absolutely
everyone--but this does not require you to *do* anything physically for
them. It only means they have a license from you, under the GPL, for your
version.

--end gpl faq excerpt--

	DS

--