Problem with md: Not rebuilding rai5

Hello!

I created a degrated raid5 on top of md1 and hde1. Then moved the data
from /dev/hdk to the mounted raid5, and then added hdk1 (repartitoned)
to the array. The sync began, but after that hde1 was faulty.

I removed it, readded it, but now I've a raid5 with only one active
disk (which should not be possible imho, a raid5 always needs 2 disks)
AND what's even stranger for me, I've two spare disks.

Is there a way to force rebuilding the array?

I am a bit confused, because I thought Linux would rebuilt the array
automaticly, when having spare disks.

The output of mdadm and some debug can be found at

http://home.schottelius.org/~nico/linux/debug/raid/raid5.strange

I am happy for any hint, because I did not find documentation, which
refers to having two spare disks with raid5. And as much as I know from the
Software-Raid howto, Linux should rebuilt it automaticly, shouldn't it?

I am happy for any hint, I am currently not rebooting the system or
umounting the path, because I do not know whether the array will come up
again.

Nico

P.S.: Please CC, I am not subscribed.

--
``...if there's one thing about Linux users, they're do-ers, not whiners.''
(A quotation of Andy Patrizio I completely agree with)