Re: Scsi errors with Megaraid 300-8x

Justin Piszcz wrote:

Nope, r+w will write over everything on the disk, but I have found -the- most effective way to see if a disk is good or not. I'd rather have the disk die to that test rather than using it in production and finding it dies with my data on it.

Hmm, we both should read the man page of badblocks a bit better :).
I found this:

-n Use non-destructive read-write mode. By default only a non-destructive read-only test is done. This option must not be combined with the -w option, as they are mutually exclusive.

Cheers,
Johan