Re: [take12 0/3] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

Hello!

> >No way - timespec uses long.
>
> I must have missed that discussion. Please enlighten me in what regard
> using an opaque type with lower resolution is preferable to a type
> defined in POSIX for this sort of purpose.

Let me explain, as a person who did this mistake and deeply
regrets about this.

F.e. in this case you just cannot use kevents in 32bit application
on x86_64, unless you add the whole translation layer inside kevent core.
Even when you deal with plain syscall, translation is a big pain,
but when you use mmapped buffer, it can be simply impossible.

F.e. my mistake was "unsigned long" in struct tpacket_hdr in linux/if_packet.h.
It makes use of mmapped packet socket essentially impossible by 32bit
applications on 64bit archs.

Alexey