Re: [take12 0/3] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 06:57:05PM +0200, Jari Sundell ([email protected]) wrote:
> On 8/22/06, Nicholas Miell <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> >OK, so with literally a dozen different interfaces to queue events to
> >userspace, all of which are apparently inadequate and in need of
> >replacement by kevent, don't you want to slow down a bit and make sure
> >that the kevent API is correct before it becomes permanent and then just
> >has to be replaced *again* ?
> >

> Not to mention the name used causes (at least me) some confusion with BSD's
> kqueue implementation. Skimming over the patches it actually looks somewhat
> like kqueue with the more interesting features removed, like the ability to
> pass the filter changes simultaneously with polling.

I do not understand, what do you mean?
It is obviously allowed to poll and change kevents at the same time.

> Maybe this is a topic that will singe my fur, but what is wrong with the
> kqueue API? Will I really have to implement support for yet another event
> API in my program.

Why did I not implemented it like Solaris did?
Or FreeBSD did?
It was designed with features mention on AIO homepage in mind, but not
to be compatible with some other implementation.
And why should it be?

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov