Re: ALSA problems with 2.6.18-rc3

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 16:41, Lee Revell wrote:
[...]
>> >Takashi-san,
>> >
>> >Does this help at all?  Many users are reporting that sound broke with
>> >2.6.18-rc*.
>> >
>> >Lee
>>
>> Takashi-san's suggestion earlier today of running an "alsactl -F
>> restore" seems to have fixed all those diffs right up, I now have good
>> sound with an emu10k1 using an audigy 2 as card-0, running
>> kernel-2.6.18-rc4.
>
>Distros should probably be using this as a default.  Otherwise, simply
>adding a new mixer control will cause restoring mixer settings to fail.
>
>Lee

I already have the 'alsactl restore' in my rc.local.  Would there be any
harm in just adding the -F to that invocation, or will that just restore
it to a 'default' condition always.  Seems like it would, canceling
anything you have done & then did an 'alsactl store' to save..

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: