Re: Time to forbid non-subscribers from posting to the list?

On Tuesday August 8, [email protected] wrote:
> Hello, list.
>
> What are the objections to makeing lkml and other lists at vget
> subscribers-only?

Yes.  Many.  I think this is in the FAQ. (hhmm.. just looked, it isn't exactly).

> Non-subscribers messages could still be allowed after moderation.
> I get 1/4 of my spam from lkml, and see no benefit from allowing
> non-subscribers to freely post to the list. If you are not subscribed,
> you just have to wait until your mail gets approved by the moderator,
> and it is not hard to subscribe anyway.

We want to barrier to posting to be low so that people will post bug
reports.  We want to hear about bug reports. really really.

Were you volunteering to be a moderator?  What sort of minimum delay
would you guarantee :-)

NeilBrown