Re: + espfix-code-cleanup.patch added to -mm tree

Hi.

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
Only problem I have with this is we lose the original fault info from
the iret.  So we have no real way of knowing whether it was #GP, #NP, #SF
or whatever, and no record of the offending iret's address.
Thanks for the precise explanation.
There was also a problem with me reading the Intel's manual:
it uses Pop() in their pseudo-code, and it Pop()'s the values
*before* checking them. The description of the Pop() is very
confusing:
---
Pop() removes the value from the top of the stack and returns it.
---
What "removes" means here is unclear. Whether it adjusts a stack
pointer, is unclear. Since it is Pop(), I was assuming "removes"
means it also adjusts the stack pointer, but now I see it was a
wrong guess.