Re: the " 'official' point of view" expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

> > While filesystem speed is nice, it also would be great if reiser4.x would be
> > very robust against any kind of hardware failures.
>
> Can't have both.

..and some people simply don't care about this:

If you are running a 'big' Storage-System with battery protected
WriteCache, Mirroring between 2 Datacenters, snapshotting.. etc..
you don't need your filesystem beeing super-robust against bad sectors
and such stuff because:

 a) You've paid enough money to let the storage care about
    Hardware issues.
 b) If your storage is on fire you can do a failover using the mirror.
 c) And if someone ran dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda you could
    even rollback your Snapshot.
    (Btw: i did this once to a Reiser4 filesystem (overwritten about
    1.2gb). fsck.reiser4 --rebuild-sb was able to fix it.)

..but what you really need is a flexible and **fast** filesystem: Like
Reiser4.

(Yeah.. yeah.. i know: ext3 is also flexible and fast.. but Reiser4
simply is *MUCH* faster than ext3 for 'my' workload/application).

Regards,
 Adrian