Re: [patch, rft] ide: reprogram disk pio timings on resume

Jason Lunz wrote:
Add a step to the IDE PM state machine that reprograms disk PIO timings
as the first step on resume. This prevents ide deadlock on
resume-from-ram on my nforce3-based laptop.

<snip>

Brad: thanks for volunteering to test! You'll be the lucky first person
to try this on a non-nforce ide chipset. good luck.

No change to the behaviour here.. It does not hurt, but it does not help either.
I have not been able to get logs out of this machine yet while it's resuming. (no serial port and don't have another machine handy to test with netconsole)

Hard disk locks up for 30 secs and then resumes with a dropped interrupt message and I get a console back but all hard disk access result in timeouts. (I'm testing from a complete system initramfs)

As I said, with 2.6.18-rc2 and the libata patches from -mm1 it takes about 10 seconds to come back, but resumes reliably.

Brad