RE: [patch] Reorganize the cpufreq cpu hotplug locking to not be totally bizare

> before introducing the ugly recursion we did try the
> preempt_disable() for cpufreq, and it worked for most all
> governers with preempt_disable(), but powernowk8 called
> set_cpus_allowed() in the callback path that threw out a
> scheduling while in atomic BUG().
>
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/10/31/239

Is there some other preferred call we could be making
instead of set_cpus_allowed() ?  We need to be able to
program the MSRs on that specific core, and as far as
I know, the only way to do that is to guarantee that
we are scheduled on that particular core.

If there's a better way to hop to a specific core, I'll
gladly rewrite the code in question.

-Mark Langsdorf
AMD, Inc.