Re: 3ware disk latency?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Jan Kasprzak wrote:

dean gaudet wrote:
: my suspicion is the 3ware lacks any sort of "fairness" in its sharing of
: buffer space between multiple units on the same controller.  and by
: disabling the write caching it limits the amount of controller memory that
: the busy disk can consume.

	Hmm, do you have a battery backup unit for 9550sx? I don't,
and the 3ware BIOS does not even allow me to enable write caching without it.
So I don't think the write caching on the controller side is related
to my problem.

interesting, on the 9500 series cards I have it pops up a 'are you really sure, this is dangerous' warning, but it did allow me to turn on write caching (I've since received the batteries, but I did test it before that)

David Lang

	I have been able to improve the latency by upgrading the firmware
to the newest release (wow, they even have a firmware updating utility
for Linux!).

-Yenya