Re: Require mmap handler for a.out executables

Ar Iau, 2006-07-27 am 19:49 +0200, ysgrifennodd Bodo Eggert:
> Can shell scripts or binfmt_misc be exploited, too? Even if not, I'd
> additionally force noexec, nosuid on proc and sysfs mounts.

Why force them, this is just papering over imagined cracks and running
from shadows. If users want to be paranoid about these file systems or
their distro vendor is smart then the ability to set noexec/nosuid is
already supported and even more can be done with selinux. In fact as its
usually mounted in one place even AppArmor might be able to get it right
8)