Re: the ' 'official' point of view' expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

On 7/27/06, Horst H. von Brand <[email protected]> wrote:
Luigi Genoni <[email protected]> wrote:

[...]

> Anyway you have a datum.
> Some people need reiser4, period.

Nope. Some people run kernels that include reiser4. That is all you can
infer, and that I knew beforehand. They are at least 35, and that I'd have
guessed in any case.

35.5 as I'm testing it here on my workstation and it seems to be
faster when you test some things involving many copies of large
multi-level sourcetree directories each 3 to 6GiB big in size.
2.6.18-rc2-mm1 with Reiser4 looks ok so far and I had no sync() OOPS
like the last time with one -mm revision.

speed tells us nothing about reliability of course, but compared to
ext3 with dir_index,sparse_super Reiser4 seems to handle "du -sh" and
"rm -r" much faster and without eating all of the CPU cycles as it
finishes quicker although Reiser4 was meant to be CPU-heavy compared
to ext*/reiserfs3.