Re: Reiser4 Inclusion

On 7/17/06, Caleb Gray <[email protected]> wrote:
Reiser4's responsiveness is undoubtedly at least twice as fast as ext3.
I have deployed two nearly identical servers in Florida (I live in
Washington state) but one difference: one uses ext3 and the other
reiser4. The ping time of the reiser4 server is (on average) 20ms faster
than the ext3 server.

While it is possible (by reiser4 loading the system less) that filesystem
affects network subsystem, it is highly unlikely and usually a sign of
problems elsewhere.

It has maintained this speed for the past two
years against the ext3 server even with aging hardware and bulking file
and directory structures. (Both of the filesystems have slowed down at a
similar pace for the duration of their lifetime [about 15ms].)

especially so if the difference lies in 5 ms range.