Re: uswsusp history lesson [was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability]

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 01:00, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Wednesday 12 July 2006 08:34, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> > > Ah ok. Are you sure you're getting that sort of throughput with LZF
> > > though - if you're not, you might be underestimating the advantage.
> >
> > Certainly I don't get that kind of speedup for writing.  For reading I do.
>
> Hmm. I would have expected it to be the other way round, since I guess you
> need to do the reading synchronously - or do you read the image, then
> decompress it? (I'm reading and decompressing at the same time, using
> readahead to avoid waiting for pages all the time).

We're doing something like you are, but I think we're using some other option
in LZF, because the resulting image size is 30-40% of the uncompressed one.
That's better for encryption later on, but obviously not for speed.

Greetings,
Rafael