Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: uswsusp history lesson

Hi.

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 09:22, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > The modularity is part of the basis of the redesign, so I couldn't easily
> > remove that. Removing the compression and encryption support is trivial
> > though (one file each, plus Makefile & Kconfig entries - no other
> > modifications needed). Userspace splash - well, just don't compile and
> > install that userspace component - suspend2 will keep working quite
> > happily without any userspace app to do a nice display (it will still do
> > printks, so you won't be flying completely blind).
>
> Lets see the patches, then.

They're basically what you already have - as I said, just ignore the
compression and encryption files and a couple of lines in the Makefile and
Kconfig changes. No modifications are needed to have suspend2 without a
userspace user interface. That's the advantage of that modular design you
don't like.

Regards,

Nigel
--