Re: Strange Linux behaviour with blocking syscalls and stop signals+SIGCONT

Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> In futex(2) case (except FUTEX_LOCK_PI where we want it to be restartable),
> getting EINTR rather than the getting the syscall restarted is very
> desirable though and several NPTL routines rely on it.

Jakub, you're slightly missing the point.  Restartable means the only if
SA_RESTART is set the syscall restarts.  Otherwise it returns.  That
should always be the behavior if EINTR is an acceptable error.

The difference for the _PI operations is that be never need to see EINTR
errors.  I.e., the syscall should _always_ restart, regardless of
SA_RESTART.  That's not done using the error code but through explicit
programming.  I told Ingo that we don't need EINTR for those operations
and I hope that part is still in.