Re: Re: Strange Linux behaviour with blocking syscalls and stop signals+SIGCONT

Von: Ulrich Drepper <[email protected]>

> Manfred Spraul wrote:
> > 1) I would go further and try ERESTARTSYS: ERESTARTSYS means that the
> > kernel signal handler honors SA_RESTART
> > 2) At least for the futex functions, it won't be as easy as replacing
> > EINTR wiht ERESTARTSYS: the futex functions receive a timeout a the
> > parameter, with the duration of the wait call as a parameter. You must
> > use ERESTART_RESTARTBLOCK.
>
> Whoa, not so fast.  At least the futex syscall but be interruptible by
> signals.  It is crucial to return EINTR.

When you say "return" do you mean "in kernel", or "return
to userspace"?  My (possibly naive) understanding is that
one could simply s/EINTR/ERESTARTNOHAND/ for FUTEX_WAIT, in
order to achieve the change I want: for userland that
ERESTARTNOHAND would be returned as EINTR if a signal
handler interrupted the FUTEX_WAIT.

Cheers,

Michael