Re: [klibc] [klibc 30/31] Remove in-kernel resume-from-disk invocation code

maximilian attems wrote:

Yes, they have. The handing of resume= and noresume are now done in kinit; resume is invoked from userspace by direct command only.

the grumble on kinit is that it is a big monolithic bin.
You have no scriptability and it is not modular.
Very useful pieces out of kinit are not build standalone:
initrd_load, ramdisk_load, do_mounts_md, ..

Some of that is due to data structures, but most certainly could be factored out, and really should be. Since, apparently, klibc got rejected for 2.6.18 we have some time to improve that situation.

For total size reasons I'm pretty sure we need to still provide a single binary. The trunk code, however, needs to be clean enough that it can be easily modified, too.

	-hpa