Re: [lm-sensors] Generic interface for accelerometers (AMS, HDAPS, ...)

(Does this conversation really need to happen on 3 different mailing
lists at once?)

> > 3. Control of accelerometer parameters:
> >    3a. Report of accelerometer type (hdaps, ams, etc) and other metadata
> >        (name, location, what it is measuring (system accel, hd-bay
> >        accel...))
>
> Well, if your system is accelerating at different speed than hd-bay,
> then your machine is either _way_ too big, or you are in bad trouble.

Not necessarily. If the system is spinning, each point has its own
acceleration vector. Having two accelerometers in a system would be a
convenient way to detect that kind of movement, and I wouldn't be
surprised to see it happen.

--
Jean Delvare