Re: Huge problem with XFS/iCH7R

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 09:51:45PM +0200, Carsten Otto wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> (System specs below)
>
> Short summary:
> System (with software raid 5, XFS, four disks connected to AHCI
> controller) crashes very often and loses data.
>
> My system crashes every few days, at the moment daily. The message shown
> is (the drive changes about every time, I do not see a pattern here):
> ---
> ata4: handling error/timeout
> ata4: port reset, p_is 0 is 0 pis 0 cmd c017 tf 7f ss 0 se 0
> ata4: status=0x50 { DriveReady SeekComplete }
> sdd: Current: sense key=0x0
> 	ASC=0x0 ASCQ=0x0
> Info fid=0x0

FWIW, the above look like hardware/driver problems.

> http://c-otto.de/fehler/

Your first issue there is the XFS dir2 regression discussed recently
here and on [email protected] - there's a patch available for that and
it's likely to be included in the next -stable release.

> I'd like to know what component causes this problem and how I can solve
> it.

The initial problem (above) and three-of-four of your photos look
unrelated to XFS, but that first image is indicating a (now fixed)
XFS problem - so, looks like you have multiple issues there.

cheers.

--
Nathan