Re: [Openipmi-developer] BUG: soft lockup detected on CPU#1, ipmi_si

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 06:44:48PM -0500, Corey Minyard wrote:
> I also had a report from Matt that running the driver full-bore caused
> the mouse to go haywire.  I did some testing and the mouse didn't go
> haywire, but my keyboard did.  I changed the udelay(1) to schedule() and
> kipmi0 is running at 100% as I type right now, and things seem to be
> running smoothly.  Testing the performance, I got 4.5ms per message for
> a get device id, which was the same as I saw before the change.  So I
> think this change is a good idea.

I tried this here too, and while I'm not at the console to try the
mouse, the times for 'ipmitool sensor list' are still within the same
range (5-10 seconds, average is about 6) as with udelay(1) instead.
Running some load generators to keep the CPUs pegged didn't change
this result either.  So I'm inclined to agree changing to schedule()
is the right approach.

Thanks,
Matt

--