Re: bitmap loading related reiserfs changes in 2.6.17-mm1 are broken

One of the things about my getting older is that I stopped thinking that
I would ever be anything but a fool, and started looking for ways to
cheat so that being a fool doesn't hurt so much.

1) record all experiments/benchmarks in some form so that I can find
them later (because 6 months later when I am  thinking I should have
checked XYZ, I won't remember them well enough to be sure of them anymore).

2) have someone review all code and ideas before I give them to a large
audience

3) if some benchmark result doesn't make sense, I don't let go of it
until it does, because chances are high it is the only clue I will ever
get that something bigger than the obscure measurement is wrong in the
code and in my understanding.

There is a remarkable tendency that I have noticed, that the best
scientists in most fields are more quick to assume themselves to need
careful methodology than most others in the field.

I encourage you to figure these things out at a younger age than I
did.;-)

Hans