Areca driver recap + status

Hi

As happy users of areca raid cards, we're keen to see a stable driver make it into the next kernel release. I thought I might quickly recap what's happened with the driver over the last 6 months to see where things are at:

The driver went into 2.6.11-rc3-mm1 here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=110754432622498&w=2

A thread about overall style + api problems here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113525798005993&w=2

Some specific comments + patches from Randy and Chris about problems:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=113597128115672&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=114045972531035&w=2

An update from erich went into 2.6.16-rc6-mm2 to address a number of the problems:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=114282535310724&w=2