Re: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats

Andrew Morton wrote:
>On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 14:45:01 -0700
>Jay Lan <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>>Won't it suffice to make delivery of these stats best effort, with
>>>userspace dealing with missing data,
>>>
>>How do you recover the missed data?
>>

>I suspect the best we can do is to let userspace know that data was lost.
>Is the -ENOBUFS reliable?

We need to reduce that to an acceptable rate. In the real life, the rate
should be
must less. Under this test, i have one drop every < 5 minutes. I will
talk to
our deamon expert to see how we can improve it... and get a better define of
"acceptable rate".

- jay