Re: [Winbond] flash memory reader SCSI device drivers

dezheng shen wrote:
> Hi Jesper and all others:
>
>>  please post patches inline, not as attachments (and please
>> test send those mails to yourself first and check that the patches
>> apply and have not been mangled by your email client).
>

>  We are submittting patches; instead, we are submit the original sources
> for Winbond SD/MMC/MS/MSPro/xD/SM devicers. There are too many files and
> I am afraid once we copy and paste using plain text then the whole
> things do'nt look clear to you guys.

People are quite used to reading diffs, so it's not that much of a bother.

>  Can we pack our sources then send them in one large attachment?

Uncompressed attachments, or inline inclusions, are usually preferred as
it allows you to read the stuff in your mail application.

I have one reservation with your driver though. The Linux kernel already
has a generic SD/MMC layer. So if your hardware is a bus interface, then
it should use that layer. There is even a driver there for your
W83L518/9 devices. :)

For the other buses, a generic layer would be preferable, but as you
would be the only user, that isn't required quite yet. I would suggest
contacting Andrew Morton as he is the overall 2.6 maintainer.

Rgds
Pierre

PS. I have a question regarding the W83L518 hardware, but haven't been
able to get in touch with the right people. Perhaps you have some pointers?