Fwd: Re: How does RAID work with IT8212 RAID PCI card?

> No not true, i have this card and its a true hardware raid card. The
> thing is, this card has both a raid and a passthru mode, you should
> check which bios is flashed into it. Google is your friend.

Wow, this really has helped it seems!

I gave the card to a friend who flashed a different BIOS version into it
 (BIOS 1.4.1.6). This BIOS is old, but even newer than the one which was
 installed before. I had to recreate the RAID array and now dmesg shows me:

hde: Integrated Technology Express Inc, ATA DISK drive
hde: IT8212 Bootable RAID 1 volume.

... and no hdg anymore. I guess that was what i wanted :)
Thank you!

Yours sincerely,
Christian Haertwig