Re: 2.6.16-rc6-mm2

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:43:49 -0700 (PDT)
Christoph Lameter <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> > You'll need to disable CONFIG_DEBUG_PREEMPT, sorry.
> >
> > Christoph, that is the last straw - I'll drop all these patches.  There's a
> > file in -mm Documentation/SubmitChecklist - please tape to to yor monitor.
>
> Would it be possible only the drop the patchset that caused this?

We need to move things aroind between files anyway - it's best that I drop
everything so it can all be refactored.  Please keep the same breakup
(patch swap_prefetch.c separately, reiser4 as well).

Also, it's really preferable that the kernel compile and work at each step
of the series.  V1 didn't come close.

So the series needs significant restructuring.

> This seems to be caused by the event counters and not by the zoned VM
> counters. I intentially try to separate these two. There are numerous
> issues still to be resolved for the zoned VM counters. I listed some in
> the header.
>
> > page-flags.h was an inappropriate place for that code.
>
> You mean I should move all the vm counters into separate header and c file
> right?

That would be nice.  I was worried about fixing the per-cpu errors in
page-flags.h because that adds lots of include dependencies and we'd
probably introduce build breakage.