Re: Backport of a 2.6.x USB driver to 2.4.32 - help needed

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 01:41:02PM +0200, Heiko Gerstung wrote:
> Yes, but unfortunately I have no chance to do this and therefore I rely
> on others to do this. Well, the same applies to [me] and [kernel
> drivers], but I hoped that it might be easier to try and backport one
> driver instead of trying to improve other people's code (maybe that is
> what OPC stands for :-)), especially when this code has a much larger
> impact on several parts of the kernel.

Which part of PPS doesn't work on 2.6 if you have the PPS-kit-light
installed?  There is a version for 2.6.15 around, which applies to
2.6.16 with minimal fixing.  Only problem I found so far with the code
was that it breaks the serial console on my system, but that was easy to
fix.  I still have to test it though since my serial port has the CD
line stuck high at the moment until I can get the board fixed, so
testing is a bit tricky.

I know I have run a gps receiver with PPS on the CD line under 2.6.8
using PPS-kit-light, and it worked rather well.

Len Sorensen