Re: [ckrm-tech] [RFC 3/5] sched: Add CPU rate hard caps

I'm sorry, but nice never looked "nice" to me.
Have you ever tried to "nice" apache server which spawns 500 processes/threads on a loaded machine?
With nice you _can't_ impose limits or priority on the whole "apache".
The more apaches you have the more useless their priorites and nices are...

Yes but interactive admin processes will still get a large bonus
relative to the apache processes so you can still log in and kill the
apache storm off even with very large loads.

And how do you plan to manage it: to log in every time when apache works too much and kill processes? The managabiliy of such solutions sucks..

Kirill