Re: 2.6.17-rc5-mm2

* Barry K. Nathan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, the latest combo patch works. It still gives the warning, too
> (copied here since it looks slightly different with the latency trace
> patch added):

> I've posted the /proc/latency_trace here:
> http://members.cox.net/barrykn/linux/trace/latency_trace.bz2

ok, thanks - this pinpointed the problem. I have just sent the fix for
that (against -mm3), does your networking card still work with that
patch applied, and if yes, is the lock validator silent on your box now?

Btw., the easiest way to find out whether there's a lockdep problem on
your box is to grep for debug_locks in /proc/lockdep_stats - it should
still be on 1. If there's a warning, it goes to 0. That is an easy to
script flag.

> It turns out that I was *way* off on the size in my last mail. It's
> actually close to 9MB decompressed, 370K bz2-compressed.

heh ;) Yeah. But it does tell us everything (and much more) about the
immediate history of any particular bug.

	Ingo