Re: 2.6.17-rc5-mm2

* Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:58:48 -0700
> "Barry K. Nathan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ok, the kernel that I now have booting is 2.6.17-rc5-mm2 + my
> > pata_pdc2027x patch + the 3 hotfixes that I saw when I started trying
> > to build the kernel (i.e. without git-scsi-target-fixup but with the
> > other 3 that are now present).
> >
> > During boot of my Debian sarge system, this kernel always gives this
> > warning at "Starting MTA:"
> > http://static.flickr.com/47/158326090_35d0129147_b_d.jpg
>
> That's the mysterious lockdep warning - I'm not sure we've got to the
> bottom of that.

Barry, if the system boots up fine with LLC disabled (and if you still
get the lockdep warning), then please apply the following patch:

  http://redhat.com/~mingo/lockdep-patches/latency-tracing-lockdep.patch

accept all the default 'make oldconfig' options and reboot into the
patched kernel. If everything goes well then the system should still
boot up fine, you should still get the lockdep warning - but this time
there should be a long trace in /proc/latency_trace. Please upload that
trace - it gives us the kernel's function trace, leading up to the
warning.

	Ingo