Re: XFS related hang (was Re: How to send a break? - dump from frozen 64bit linux)

---- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Scott" <[email protected]>
To: "Janos Haar" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: XFS related hang (was Re: How to send a break? - dump from
frozen 64bit linux)

> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:00:33AM +0200, Janos Haar wrote:
> >
> > Hey, i think i found something.
> > My quota on my huge device is broken.
> > (inferno   -- 18014398504855404       0       0
18446744073709551519
> > 0     0)
>
> Hmm, that is interesting.  I guess you don't know whether this
> accounting problem happened before you rebooted or whether it
> only just got this way (after journal recovery)?

In my system, this huge device is difficult.
I often need to reboot, and run xfs_repair, to make it clean. (nodes hangs,
reboots, etc...)
On the beginning, i use the xfs_repair without any options, but it requires
to do a mount/umount the mtp before.
The problem is, i often get an error message, (dump) during the journal
recovery, and after i cannot run the xfs_repair from script, because it
needs the log done by mount.
Now is my default reboot option is xfs_repair -L, so i dont know, this
happens before, or after, sorry.

> > I cant found a way to re-initialize it.
> > But anyway, at this point i dont need it, trying to disable the quota
usage.
> > We will see....
>
> Jan's recipe was spot on, do that.

The qouta stop solves the hangs problem.
This is a bug?

Cheers,
Janos