Re: [Patch 3/6] statistics infrastructure - prerequisite: timestamp

Martin Peschke wrote:
> The original piece of code was a bit promiscuous, IMHO.
> Please accept the little cleanup that comes with my patch.

In general, I like the cleanup.  See comments below.

> And I think that I have fixed a printed_len related miscalculation.
> printed_len needs to be increased if no valid log level has been found
> and a log level prefix has been added by printk(). Otherwise, printed_len
> must not be increased. The old code did it the other way around (in the
> timestamp case).

I'm not following your change here.  I can't find the problem you
mention in the original code.  And your fix appears to mess up the
printed_len.

> +		if (new_line) {
> +			/* The log level token is first. */
> +			int loglev_char;
> +			if (p[0] == '<' && p[1] >='0' &&
> +			    p[1] <= '7' && p[2] == '>') {
> +				loglev_char = p[1];
> +				p += 3;
> +				printed_len -= 3;
Here you subtract from the printed_len to account for skipping
the submitted log level.

> +			} else	{
> +				loglev_char = default_message_loglevel + '0';
> +			}
> +			emit_log_char('<');
> +			emit_log_char(loglev_char);
> +			emit_log_char('>');

But here you don't re-count the chars for the log-level
you are adding back in.  There's a discrepancy here.

Please look at this again.  NAK
 -- Tim