Re: SCSI ABORT with 2.6.17-rc4-mm1

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:

[email protected] (Mel Gorman) wrote:

I am struggling to see how the alignment patches or
 arch-independent-zone-sizing would clobber the mapping of the ACPI table :(

hm.  Well something did it ;)

Obviously. One option is to back out have-x86_64-use-add_active_range-and-free_area_init_nodes.patch and see what happens on Christian's machine.

> I also managed to provoke "Too many memory regions,
> truncating" out of it.

 "Too many memory regions, truncating" is of concern because memory will be
 effectively lost. Is this on x86_64 as well? If so, I need to submit a
 patch that sets CONFIG_MAX_ACTIVE_REGIONS to 128 on x86_64 which is the
 same value of E820MAX. This is similar to what PPC64 does for LMB regions
 (see MAX_ACTIVE_REGIONS in arch/powerpc/Kconfig for example). If it's not
 x86_64, what arch does it occur on?

Yes, it's x86_64.  It kind of went away though.  I seem to have been
finding various .config combinations which cause x86_64 to die horridly -
that was one.

Can you post up some of the configs and I'll see can I reproduce it locally please?

--
Mel Gorman
Part-time Phd Student                          Linux Technology Center