Re: How should Touchscreen Input Drives behave (OpenEZX pcap_ts)

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 01:16:13AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Another one: you say you're workin on building X-e. Are you talking about kdrive?
> >
> > I have no idea, just replaying the package names that OE uses ;)
> >
> > I now have Xfbdev running on the A780.  Unfortunately due to some
> > strange black magic, the ts driver ceases to receive interrupts as soon
> > as X is started. reproducible.  The same happens with ts_test.
>
> Just poll the touchscreen, then... I have similar problems with
> battery hardware and touchscreen sharing ADCs on collie... but
> hopefully Motorola did not do _that_ mistake.

oh yes, the ADC is multiplexed with dozens (well, actually 14)  inputs.
But you can actually very carefully prorgram which ones to read into
what register, and have you notified once completed.

Oh, and to make it even better: The ADC is used by two processors, by
the Application Processor (that runs linux) and the Baseband Processor
;)

I've now fixed that interrupt problem, but I have some other issues in
the state machine that is required for alternating pressure/xy reads.

Confident that those things can be fixed, though.

--
- Harald Welte <[email protected]>          	        http://gnumonks.org/
We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds. -- Linus