Re: [RFT] major libata update

Linus Torvalds wrote:
In particular, I have this pretty strong memory that we tried to do something like this a long time ago, and it caused problems at least with the legacy ISA/ATA interrupts (irq 14/15).

On the other hand, my memory is pretty damn bad at times, and besides, I hope that that "hardcoded" case just above it is the one that takes care of the old ATA interrupts. This is one of those times when the only guaranteed right thing to do would be to be bug-for-bug compatible with whatever crud MS-Win does..

Many BIOS ACPI tables from years ago simply _assumed_ that you have hardcoded irq 14/15, even... Their irq descriptors for 14/15 would be absent or completely non-functional.

Or maybe its the $pirq table I'm recalling.  One of the two, anyway.

	Jeff