Re: [RFT] major libata update

On 5/15/06, Tejun Heo <[email protected]> wrote:
Avuton Olrich wrote:

Are those timeouts back-to-back?  Can you post dmesg w/ timestamp
(either turn on kernel message timestamping or simply post relevant part
from /var/log/kern.log).  The drive thinks the command is complete.  You
might be losing interrupts (you might want to diddle with acpi/irq
routing stuff) or it could be some other hardware problem.

here's the kern log for the last 24 hours or so:
http://olricha.homelinux.net:8080/dump/kern.log

As I told Jeff, I'm not sure how to diddle with the irq stuff, pointers?

Does the drive + controller work okay on Windows?  I know people don't
like this question so much but it's a great way to isolate hardware
problems as they use completely different driver stack.

Sorry, I haven't owned a copy of Windows in >5 yrs, I would be willing
to try otherwise. This computer worked with a 2 160gb sata drives,
when I traded 2 160gb drives with 2 500gb sata2 drives and started
making heavy use of them this happened, although I haven't had any
issue with the other hard drive yet (I don't think, I need to look
over the logs again to make sure I'm not saying that in err).

...snipped more stuff way above my head...
--
avuton