Re: [Sdhci-devel] sdhci needs card to be present when loading module.

Hi Greg,

> In the 2.6.17-rc4 kernel (and 2.6.17-rc1), on my laptop, if you load the
> sdhci driver with no SD card in the slot, it never seems to be able to
> detect the insertion of a new card later on.
>
> However, if I load the module with a card present.  Removing it and then
> plugging it (or another one) in later seems to work just fine.

I had the same problem with my Ricoh controller (in an IBM X41) and the
latest sdhci driver from mainline. Try the audit patch from Pierre, but
be careful. For me it freezes the machine on eject, because of an
endless loop waiting for some hardware state to change.

Regards

Marcel