Re: Remove silly messages from input layer.

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Martin Bligh wrote:

Sorry, but these comparisons to Windows are just childish.

No, in this case they're not. Clear text error messages, compared to obscure numerical error codes or no reports at all, are a very useful attribute of free operating systems that I do not want to miss because somebody is trying to please clueless Joe User.

Linux is not obliged to spit out meaningless, unhelpful error messages,

I already explained in a previous reply why this message IS undisputably useful for me, and others have done the same. Why are we discussing if you don't read what we write but have obviously already made up your mind?

The current error message is wrong

No it's not, the keyboard is in fact reporting too many pressed keys.

But throwing 'Windows' around is not useful

It is useful to show you what kind of environment many users do not want to have. Hiding information is not user-friendly for the experienced user, only for the novice.

Regards, Nuri