Re: Remove silly messages from input layer.

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Dave Jones wrote:

Did you read my earlier posts?

Sorry to interrupt, but did you read my reply?

How on earth is "too many keys pressed" a useful message in this context?

It doesn't say "user pressed too many keys", it says the keyboard *reports too many keys pressed* which is most likely what's happening. This is not a terribly useful, but valid error message.

Yes, maybe their keyboard is crap, but what is the user to do?

Nothing, take notice of the fact.

Go buy a new laptop because someone else has a utopian view on how hardware should be?

You mean deciding not to silently ignore errors is having a utopian view? Are we talking about Linux or kernel32.dll?

When a user can't do *anything* about it, it's useless, and serves
as nothing but a cause for concern. "Oh no, is my laptop dying?".

Laptops come with Windows XP pre-installed for those users, what was your problem again?

Regards, Nuri