Re: [RFC] Advanced XIP File System

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 22:04 -0700, Jared Hulbert wrote:
> I plan to could do 'mount -t axfs /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt/axfs' and use
> the mtd to get the address to flash from map->cached or maybe
> mtd->point.  Personally I think this is a clean approach to mounting
> this fs.  Right now we do it like linear cramfs 'mount -t cramfs -o
> physaddr=0xDEADBEEF /dev/null /mnt/axfs' and then map flash ourselves
> with ioremap().  I'd like to enable a mode like this to in case you
> don't have MTD.   But I prefer the former.

It makes sense. If you're going to use MTD drivers for other partitions
of the flash, you want to be able to co-ordinate with it so you know
when the flash is being written to. You want to be able to use its
partitioning rather than hard-coding the physical address and length of
what might be a dynamic partition. You want the MTD driver to know that
the device in question is in use.

--
dwmw2