RE: C++ pushback

> C++ allows more abstraction than C, unfortunately too many people go
> right past past abstraction to obfuscation. With operator overloading
> it's possible to generate write-only code, and programs where "A=B+C"
> does file operations :-( That doesn't belong in an operating system, C
> is the right choice.

>     -bill davidsen ([email protected])

	I reject any argument of the type "because a language *allows* you to do X,
and X is not always good, the language is bad". Now, if the language
*required* you to do bad things, that would be a different story.

	If I could demonstrate ways to do bad things in C that don't belong in an
operating system, would that convince you that C is not the right choice?
For example, C allows easy use of floating point math, which doesn't belong
in an operating system either.

	DS