Re: New, yet unsupported USB-Ethernet adaptor

On 5/2/06, Michael Helmling <[email protected]> wrote:
Thank you very much for the immediate answer.
I applied the patch  - well, I had to do this manually, for some reason, I
assume bad formatting in my mail program, patch -p0 < patch1 didn't work. Or
am I using the wrong command?

You shoud use patch -p1< patch

Anyway, I changed the lines manually, and now I can compile and load the
module.
If I load the module, dmesg gives:

usbcore: registered new driver <NULL>

Then plugging in the adaptor:

usb 2-10: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5

But no eth1 shows up, and module loading and plugging the device seem to be
independent. I manually loaded usbnet but it didn't help.
Sorry, I really have no experience with kernel or usb development. ;)

Me neither. It was a quick & dirty patch, I must have missed
something. I'll toy around with it some more. Maybe someone more
experienced could take a look? :)

P.S In the future, make sure you use reply-to-all. Thanks